Analyze utilization data by physician, site of care and modality and maintain a <10% follow-up imaging rate
Hospitals are under tremendous pressure to reduce costs while increasing revenue and maintaining quality. Typically, there is a lack of transparency around image utilization and radiology services; however, understanding the utilization of your radiological services is critical to making changes that positively impact your bottom line. As healthcare continues to embrace more risk into delivery models, the measurement and management of imaging utilization will become even more important.
The Radiology Quality Institute recommends that less than 10% of imaging should require follow-up testing. Mammography should be measured separately and should have a recall rate in the 8-14% range. Radisphere tracks and manages its performance across the practice to ensure it is meeting these follow-up imaging standards. As a public measure of our accountability to standards, we release quarterly performance scorecards showcasing our results against all our quality standards.
Radisphere also provides its clients with imaging utilization data and analysis on a quarterly basis. We provide health systems, hospital administration and ordering physicians with comprehensive performance and utilization reports to uncover key business intelligence:
- Customer Information – understand your top referring physicians, what they are ordering, imaging volume increases and decreases, and other trending patterns
- Utilization Issues – identify potential utilization issues such as over or inappropriate ordering, ED throughput times, poor payer mix and length of stay (ordering too many inpatient studies)
- Benchmark Data – review your performance relative to our client base of more than 100 health facilities and 10,000 clinicians
Sharing utilization data is an important part of Radisphere’s performance reporting. We provide quarterly performance and utilization reports to all our hospital and system clients to ensure their service needs are being met, identify any areas for improvement, and to help them realize referring physician trends, place of service volumes, and outpatient growth opportunities for high tech modalities. These reports provide our clients with invaluable analytics and information that is critical to the long term success of our partnership.
- Radiology Enterprise Management Brochure
- RadVision Service Datasheet
- RQI Radiology Performance Standards
- Radisphere Performance Scorecard
- Creating a New Standard in Radiology White Paper
- RQI eBook: 10 Best Practices for Remodeling Radiology